ĀPAKĀ SVĀGATA HAI! Welcome!

Heart Wood Block India Nov 2014

Wooden block for printing

I love India! If you know me, you know I notice hearts. We had our first full day in Delhi today and my heart is full. We arrived about 24 hours ago and we have already seen and done so much. It’s almost midnight here in Delhi, so I want to quickly share how my morning started today.

My mom and I rode a rickshaw through the busy and very loud streets of Old Delhi. The Red Fort is on our right. The Red Fort was the palace for Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan’s new capital Shahjahandabad. It was built in 1648 A.D. The yellow and green vehicle is called a tuk tuk. The honking horn means you want to get around someone. See it live below and let me know what you think!

First Morning in Delhi from Patti Donnelly on Vimeo.

11 thoughts on “ĀPAKĀ SVĀGATA HAI! Welcome!

1. Sounds super fun! Was the ricks haw fun to ride in? I love you pictures! Especially the one of you in the rickshaw.

2. Wow that seems great! I miss India, and I went there once. I don’t remember where exactly. Somewhere on the south coast and it was really nice, lots of poverty though.

3. @Amanda A rickshaw ride is a fabulous way to start the day!
    @Alexei I hope you come back to India one day.

4. That sounds really cool! I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip! That’s cool that they use rickshaw as everyday transportation.

5. @Carina Yes, it was a bit bumpy but mostly loud! I really enjoyed starting the day that way.

6. Mrs.D, it really looked crowded there. It was probably really tough to bike with people in the backseat. I really miss you and hope you are having a great time.

7. Hope you had a lot of fun! When I go to India, I normally go to Maharashtra. We go to towns like Mumbai and Aurangabad. What is your favorite town in India?

8. I will have to look those up. My mom lived in Delhi and Hyderabad. I really enjoyed Jaipur and Lake Pushkar. What are the towns you go to known for? I like the mirror work in Rajasthan.