First Day at Camp Cheerio by Jenny D.

group of girls

photo by mrs. williams

This year the sixth grade went to Camp Cheerio for 3 days and 2 nights. It was very fun! The first day we got there we arrived at approximately 11:45 and got there on to big Coach buses. When we got there we stayed on the buses until we heard where our cabins were. We finally figured out where our cabins were so we headed towards our cabins and unpacked for about 10 minutes. I was so happy about my cabin because it was very clean and it was only the four other girls in my advisory for the WHOLE room!

When we were finished unpacking we headed to the Dining Hall to eat some delicious lunch! We had chicken fingers and french fries with a choice of fruit punch or water. After lunch, still on the first day we arrived, my advisory (Johnson) and the Bryson advisory all went on a hike that was about 20 minutes from Camp Cheerio and the hike was 41/2 miles long. My favorite part on the hike was when we saw the waterfall and got to climb the rocks that were at the bottom of the waterfall! I almost slipped but it was alright because I didn’t!

After the hike we came back to the Camp Cheerio campus and went to our cabins for about 5 minutes then went to dinner. After dinner it was really fun because there were 4 advisories that did energizers in the gym then the leftover advisories heard ghost stories! BOO! My advisory was one of the advisories that did the energizers first so me and my friends rocked the dance floor!!! After that we went back to the Dining Hall for a midnight snack. Then we went to sleep! It was one very fun first day.

6 thoughts on “First Day at Camp Cheerio by Jenny D.

1. Yeah the energizers were so awesome! We went the second night and I got to go up on the stage alone during party rock! The counselers were awesome! I’m soooooo going back next summer!

2. Happy to see you did not fall because that would’ve added to your scary story telling that night. Camp Cheerio seems like tons of fun hope to go one day!