13 Responses

1. 19davi at |

Why would you need permission to read at night? Most parents would be grateful that their kids read at night. Do you read too much, so then your parents want you to do something else besides read? If so, then that is a very strange case. Like I said, most parents would be proud that their kids are reading a lot.

2. Geoff P at |

Thanks for this post. I find this very informative. For example, I didn’t know about the multitasking gestures. I will start using them.

@19davi. Perhaps reading too late at night, when we are supposed to be sleeping, is not a great idea, even though parents do like their children to read. I will see if I can talk to David P.’s parents and see if they can be more flexible. I have heard that they are reasonable folk.

3. pdonnelly at |

David, I like your tips for the iPad. You shared things that people learning to use the iPad probably didn’t know. It’s helpful to learn ways to use the device more effectively and efficiently.

I like your discussion about reading at night. Davi made a good point about finding out more information as there are students who could read 24 hours a day! It’s always a good idea to find a balance. Remember our ‘Attention Cockpit’ where the mental energy controls are very important. We talked about how sixth graders should be getting between 8-10 hours of sleep. That’s hard to do sometimes with homework, sports, and family activities.

Way to go David and Davi….for engaging in an online discussion. That’s what blogging is all about!

4. kschaefer at |

These are excellent points and a great conversation. Your post has brought solid engagement to topics of interest. Bravo!

5. Shaffer Woody at |

David, this is a great job you have done. I assume you worked very hard on this. Great you for telling everyone how to do shortcuts. Nice job!¡

6. 19grace at |

These are really helpful tips, thanks!

7. 19davi at |

I could also read 24/7 if I had a good book. I just get so engrossed in a book that I don’t want to let it go.

8. 19nathan at |

Nice tips! It all works!

9. 19warbington at |

Why did you say that it will be easier to read in the dark? Most people read in the light.