Mudslide and Zip-lining by: Jinger

I have to admit I had the best time possible at Camp Cheerio! More than any other 6th grader at Durham Academy! All it took was a little time settling in to the new schedule. My favorite activity was mudslide and zip lining! That’s what really completed my experience at Cheerio! First we started out with canoeing. Although my partners and I got stuck on every rock we laid eyes on we still made it to the end! We did a bunch ofactivities.  After we had done everything else and it was the last day we got to do mud slide and zip lining. First we got to do the zip lining! I was so excited it was a quarter mile zip! As a watched all my friends go by on the zip line saying how much fun it was I was ready for my turn. When it was finally my turn I had to admit I was a little afraid. Next thing you thing you know I was flying in the air screaming at the top of my lungs. Before I knew it it was over! The best 10 seconds of my life! Of course I had to go again. Sadly I only got to go two times. If I  thought that was a little frightening I was in for a big ride with the mudslide! I was not going to go until my classmates insisted. Once I saw a couple people do it I decided to go. Forgetting my bathing suit at home I was up next. With everyone cheering behind me and my friend at the end of the mud slide screaming my name I closed my eyes and hopped right in! Mud and water covering my face, all I could do is scream. Bumpy rocks beneath me going so fast! BOOM! There I was at the end of the slide sitting is a big pond of mud. Falling face first I got up. All I could do is laugh. As I walked up with my friend we decided that was the best time we ever had. Going again and again I  lost track. At the end I was glad that I got to go to Champ Cheerio and did all these fun activities!

mudslide

Photo by Mrs. Donnelly

5 thoughts on “Mudslide and Zip-lining by: Jinger

1. My favorite was the mudslide because it was like scary to see how big it was but then when you do it it is fun. The only problem was that it was very bumby.

2. I really liked your post!!!!!!! I had the best time at cheerio too. My favorite was the archery, the zip lining and the rock climbing. I really liked the mudslide, but it kind of hurt my back.