Book Review: Grace, Gold, and Glory by Miriam

Photo by Miriam

Did you watch the 2012 summer Olympics? If you did, then you have heard of or seen the AMAZING Gabrielle Douglas preform for the USA women’s gymnastics team. Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith, tells her incredible story. Gabby Douglas wrote the book herself! It’s truly inspiring and very interesting to read.

It tells about everything, from her time as a child living in a Dodge Mini Van, to the time in January 2012 when she went to Des Moines Iowa to train for the Olympics, and she got so homesick that she wanted to quit gymnastics! I loved reading it and was sad once I finished. You also learn a lot about the huge part of her life that was influenced by God. This book was the BEST biography I have ever read (and I have read a lot of biographies)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted with BlogsyPosted with Blogsy

5 thoughts on “Book Review: Grace, Gold, and Glory by Miriam

1. Oh my gosh! I am totally going to read this book you did such a great job describing it! Sounds awesome!

2. Great post! You keep saying that’s its a great book, and I remember when we came back from winter break you were really excited about it! I saw her once on television, but I was in Korea so it was at 12:30 a.m. She was amazing! I really like your picture!