Our tech project was about Google Docs, and we taught you how to share and create a document. Making the presentation was filled with difficulties, and as soon as one was solved, another would pop up. Our first problem was figuring out how to film it. I thought that Quicktime Player wouldn’t be the full version, but fortunately I was wrong. The next was making the script. This quickly got finished, but then we realized it wasn’t complete. There wasn’t a beginning or ending. Having three people working on one idea was very hard. I would think of one sentence, while someone else would think of something else to put in at the same time. Right as we finished it, the bell rang ending the period. Josh wouldn’t be to record because he had made it into the state championships for the geographic bee (he did well with 5/8 questions right). I am surprised that Sam actually could read it when we recorded without mentioning his hero, a time traveling snail, in fact, he did very well. With the time ticking away, we went into the two computer labs, only to find them full with French students in study hall. The fifth grade pod was full. Our last resort was the classroom, which was very loud with the other students screaming as the teacher played their finished projects. We finally finished the project only seconds before the bell rang. We were a little off, but it was still good.
Tag Archives: Project
My Stop-Motion Project for LA and How I Made it by Gus
Stop-motion is one of my favorite hobbies. Stop motion is where you take a picture of something, move it very, very, slightly and take another picture. After several hundred, it looks like a movie.I volunteered to do one for LA to both amuse my classmates and to get me to do something. The camera I used is very old, but it has a remote. Since it is from the early eighties, it is very hard to upload the pictures onto a computer, and I have to plug in three different wires to get it to work. One of these is a USB cord going into the other, the other is the charger because the camera is so old that it needs that to turn on. The third wire is for sending more power through the second to be able to turn it on.
Now I’m going to talk about what was in the movie. I did it on the Week Three Vocabulary. The words that I used in it were: sinewy, pinnacle, caucus, opulent, potable, carcinogen, conveyance, circumvent, plummet, and seraph. It was about 500 pictures, and took me about 25 hours (three for finding the remote, four for shooting, eleven for editing, and four getting it on the disc. Another few hours spent planning it as well) just to make a four minute movie. Almost half of it was created through editing. When I brought it to school, I had put it on a memory chip because the disk wasn’t working.
Finally, the moment came. As I brought it to the teacher at lunch, I was wondering if this was a good idea. When I reached the class, I opened the door. She plugged it in to the computer, and it played. To my relief, she loved it. An hour later, I played it and they also liked it (or at least I think).
Four Weeks Later….
Almost a month later, my fellow advisees seemed depressed, until one of them asked to see my movie again.
I played it, and they wanted to see it again.
I really think that everyone should try stop-motion, because not only is it fun, but it is entertaining when you finish.