39 Responses

1. 18davisc at |

My favorite caracter was Turtle, because she won the Westing Game.

2. 18joshk at |

My favorite character is Theo Theodorakis because he seems to be the quietest character in the book yet he still plays a huge part with the chess idea. I love how Theo sticks up for his brother. I admire that. I always stick up for my brothers.

3. Roderick Van Pelt at |

My favorite character in The Westing Game is Sydelle Pulaski because she’s secret and mysterious. Also, because she is strange and weird.

Rod P

4. 18ethang at |

My favorite character in the westing game is probably Mr. Westing because he is very smart and very rich.

5. 18oliviac at |

I don’t think I could choose a favorite, I find every character endearing in their own way. But I like Angela a lot. At the beginning I don’t like her at all because she’s such a goody goody. But I like her because by the end she has achieved her goals, dreams and ambitions and is respected as a person.

6. 18christenm at |

My favorite character is Turtle because of her determination and smarts. She really doesn’t seem like an important character in the beginning of the book but by the end she has a lot of potential. She seems like such a real and realistic character.

7. 18audreym at |

My favorite character is Doug Hoo because he really loves to run and even though everyone tells him to study and not practice, it’s his dream and his passion and he wants to follow it.

8. 18ryanh at |

My favorite character was Doug Hoo because I know somewhere in there is Bruce Lee! And he’s a great athlete.

9. 18conorz at |

I like Sandy because he is really cool and nice to the other characters. He is also Sam westing and I think that is funny because the other characters don’t like Sam westing but they like sandy.

10. SAM at |

My favorite character was Sandy McSouthers because he sounded like a very likeable guy to be around.

11. 18kaylab at |

My favorite character is Sandy McSouthers because he is very clever and could act like he doesn’t really know what was going on when he was the whole reason for the games.

12. 18jamesfh at |

I like flora Baumbach because I feel kind of sorry for her as her daughter died and her husband left her. I think she was trying to love Turtle the way she loved her daughter.

13. 18dylanp at |

My favorite character was Sam Westing because he was very intelligent and created a very complicated puzzle with very clever clues.

14. 18emmae at |

I like Angela Wexler because even when everybody called her just a pretty girl, and nothing else she still followed her dream, and stood by her goal.

15. 18tatumtb at |

My favorite character is Turtle because she is funny and also because she is smart enough to figure out the four winds!

16. 18maggied at |

My favorite character is Turtle because she is the only one that figured out the Westing game, and she won the Westing game. She also helped her sister a lot by taking blame for the bombs. That’s why Turtle’s my favorite character.

17. 18finnm at |

My favorite character in the book Barney Northrup I know he does not exist and he’s just someone in a costume but he just so goofy.

18. 18haleyc at |

I like Turtle Wexler because she is loyal by taking blame for the bombs, and she is really smart and outgoing.

19. 18matthewf at |

My favorite character was Doug Hoo because I really like sports and he is a sporty guy.

20. Alex at |

My favorite character in the book is Chris Theodorakis because he is very smart, loves birds and nature (like me) and he never gives up even though he was handicapped for most of the time.

21. 18laurenh at |

My favorite character was Turtle. She reminds me of kids my age and I find it easy to relate to her. I like how she is really smart and likes the stock market—that just amazes me.
    —lauren

22. 18cheysel at |

My favorite is Turtle because she took responsibility for the bombs because her sister has to be the perfect girl. She is smart and tough. That is why she is my favorite.

23. 18osezeleo at |

My favorite is Windy Windkloppel because he is cunning smart intelligent and outsmarted all of them except for Turtle.

24. 18gusl at |

I really like Mr. Hoo, especially since he is an inventor, and he is funny.

25. 18martabc at |

My favorite character is Grace Wexler, because she is very posh, and acts like she is practically is charge of everything, so she is very humorous.
    -Marta

26. 18catherinem at |

My favorite Westing Game character is Turtle Wexler because she is very determined and successful, and does not stop thinking when the mystery is “solved”.

27. 18ashwins at |

My favorite Westing Games character is James Shin Hoo, because of his stereotypical dialogue and way of thinking he makes the book much more humorous and interesting! Go study!!! Running up and down stairs isn’t studying!!!

28. 18aishwaryaj at |

My favorite character is Angela Wexler because even though her mom bosses her around she doesn’t take it hard on herself. In the end of the book I like how she was more responsible and how she also went to college before she got married

29. Forbes C at |

My favorite Westing Game character is Angela Wexler. I like Angela because she continued and stood with her dream to go to college and become a doctor while everyone judged her like she was just some pretty girl.

30. 18samh at |

My favorite character is probably Otis Amber because he’s so funny and really dumb,but when he lets everyone know he is smart, he seems so serious and I don’t like him anymore. Then again, There is Sandy, an all around nice guy. He’s cool too.

31. Cam B at |

I think Otis was my favorite because he is always so bright and cheery, even in tight situations.

32. 18ishaa at |

My favorite character from the Westing Game is Sandy McSouthers. He is so kind to Turtle and is fun loving. He seemed like the kind of person you would want around.

33. 18ianl at |

My favorite character is Turtle because she is wicked smart.

34. 18annien at |

My favorite character is Turtle Wexler because she was nice enough to take credit of the bombs and she won the westing game.

35. 18leahg at |

My favorite westing character is Turtle because she is young, she is nice enough to take credit for the bombs to help cover others up, and she is so smart that she was the only one to figure out the westing game!

36. 18moshei at |

I like Turtle because she is very determined and not afraid to speak her mind.

37. 18coled at |

My favorite character in The Westing Game is Turtle. She took the blame for all the bombs, and was the only person smart enough to win the Westing Game. In the beginning, I didn’t like her because she was mean to her mom. But, later in the book, I felt sympathy for her, because her mom was mean to her. Turtle Wexler is my favorite character in The Westing Game.

38. 18gusl at |

It’s very difficult to choose a favorite character from the Westing Game. All of the 25 or so starred people in this confusing book are all important in some way. But I will both give you my favorite character AND my least favorite. Let’s start with my least favorite: Sydelle. Although almost everyone wants to get attention, some of us will go to the extent to even fake an injury, Sydelle has created many different situations, and not only that, she is by far the most mysterious character. I like her style though, getting all the clues from everyone else. I take that the wrong way and I put that in a category called CHEATING.

Now let me move to my favorite character. I would have to say that Otis was the star clown in the book, but I have to come to a conclusion that Mr. Hoo would be my favorite character, closely followed by Chris Theodorakis. Mr. Hoo, the one [starting off] with the bad business, only for sales to boom towards the end. He’s the one with the second wife, the one who is everlastingly homeless, and the son, Doug Hoo, the one with the Olympic Gold Medal. I can not fully explain the reasons that he is my favorite character, as the best I can do is say that he is both funny, and dumb [in a silly way][for example: running up and down the stairs is not studying] and that he seems to be the most dramatic, in a good way [Sydelle would be the most dramatic in a bad way] and that he has a very interesting family. I hope that someone will take my comment into a consideration, because this has not been an easy choice for me to make.