48 Responses

1. 20jackt at |

I remember going to this service and being really glad I went. It was a very emotional service, but also very educational about Dr. Franklin McCain Sr. And the civil rights movement.

2. 20brandon at |

I really like the Memorial Service. I learned a lot. I thought some of the speakers were really funny.

3. 20andrewo at |

Mr.McCain was a huge leader, and he helped with one of the biggest movements in African American history. He was a great man.

4. 20jackl at |

I was really glad that I went to the service. It was very educational and historical. I learned more about the civial rights movement and Dr. Franklin McCain Sr.

5. 20alexander at |

He was such a brave man.

6. 20leah at |

I really enjoyed the memorial service. I am really thankful that I got to go. I learned a lot about Dr. Franklin McCain Sr. And had an amazing time.

7. 20sebastianl at |

I never didn’t go to the memorial but I knew Dr. Franklin McCain’s background and story. It’s nice to know that a man with no fear went and changed history.

8. 20eliza at |

Even though I didn’t go, I’m glad other people went to the memorial service and learned some about Dr. Franklin Eugene McCain Sr.

9. 20sophie at |

Going to the service was really amazing! I am so glad we got to be a part of this and know someone like him!

10. 20isabellas at |

I didn’t attend this service but I wish I did. I heard that it was a lot of fun. It sounded very educational.

11. 20jack at |

I wanted to go, but I also did not want to miss class. A very well-writen and articulated post! Bravo!

12. 23ellieg at |

He was a very brave man. I think it is good that he did what he did because someone has to stand up for himself. I sang at a church and many people spoke about standing up for yourself.

13. 23rileyl at |

I think it’s amazing how people had the courage to do something like that, and its very lucky that some of y’all got to go and honor them

14. Devyn at |

He was a great man and a great role model. I am sad I was not able to go, but I am glad a lot of people went.

15. JP Dilweg at |

Even thought I didn’t know this man, his legacy will live on.

16. 23mackennam at |

I think what he did was amazing. And I want to do something like that to help my community. Thank you for what you did.

17. Thomas Milano at |

He was an extremely brave man do go and sit at the counter in Greensboro. I would not be brave enough to do this.

18. 23nickg at |

He was courageous and hard-working.

19. Oliver Evans at |

He was a very brave and courageous man. He did a great thing which changed our history.

20. 23williamc at |

I am very appreciative for what he did. Being brave and fighting for what he believed in was truely amazing. It is sad that he has passed but his legacy will last for a century.

21. Michael at |

Dr Franklin McCain’s background story I thought was very interesting.

22. 23petec at |

Mr. McCain was very brave and a great person. It was great we had him.

23. 23taylore at |

Dr. McCain was pushing towards equality just like Dr. King. He was fighting for something that he believed in and it is important that we continue to do that to this day and in the future.

24. Charith at |

As we live in a mostly free and equal country, the United States of America, we all have to realize it wouldn’t have been this way without people like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or Dr. Franklin McCain.

25. Mayah at |

Mr. McCain certainly carries on the legacy of equality just like Dr. King. He is one of the many people who fought for what they believed in, but it is important that we keep on fighting in order to truly honor these brave people.

26. 23markc at |

Mr. McCain is very courageous and brave. The way that people treated him and blacks back then was very rough, and for him to take a stand and sit at a lunch counter with his friends and classmates to bring whites and blacks together.

27. 23williamh at |

Mr. McCain did a very brave thing. And that will be remembered forever. No doubt about it.

28. Seldy at |

Dr. McCain inspires me to do more community service.

29. anabel at |

This post is very descriptive. It really inspires people to set goals for themselves in the future to make society better.

30. Darren at |

In 5th grade I read a lot about the protest. Me and my class did a play on the protest. I liked to act out the script of all the cahracters.

31. 23theop at |

He must have been so brave, with all those disapproving eyes watching him. I can’t even imagine doing something like that.

32. 23bent at |

This blog was really well written. I am glad that so many people came and supported him.

33. Brodie Mason at |

His action were so powerful and this post highlights this.

34. 23anniew at |

Mr. McCain is such an inspiration and his legacy will always remain.

35. 23rinald at |

Mr. McCain was such a brave man, being judged and letting those judging people watch him without a care, just letting his opinions shine over all the haters.

36. London at |

I’ve heard of what he did like people would threaten him but he still sat there. He was a great man and I’m glad he had a great service.

37. 23collint at |

I am sure he would be very happy, and yet find many chances for further improvement of where we are today. It is so great that there will always be someone to speak up for themselves, no matter how small their voices seem to be. Great post and pictures.

38. 23sirio at |

Though I never met him he sounds like a amazing person and I think he would be a great role model.

39. 23johnb at |

Mr. McCain was a great man and he makes me feel like anyone can make a difference.

40. Luke at |

He was a very great and brave man. He did a lot to help our country as we know it. He was truly inspiring and deserves to be remembered by all.

41. 23cameronm at |

I like how this post reminds us of our past and how we can make a better future for ourselves.

42. 23edwardl at |

I am really inspired by the past and how the African-Americans fought against the whites. The people that support him are very nice, taking time of for a very well written speech is amazing.

43. 23maxb at |

Mr. MaCain will always be remembered. His legacy will live on. He was so brave.

44. 23sarahj at |

I remember my dad talking to me about the sit ins, now knowing that someone from my schools grandfather was in the group of four makes me appreciate this information way more than I already did, thank you Mr. McCain, for all you did.

45. Lukas at |

This short post actually touches my heart.

46. Matthew chaves at |

It was really moving and I give my best wishes to the MaCain family.

47. 23aryak at |

Dr. Franklin McClain stood up for African Americans and his actions made a big impact in the USA.

48. Edward at |

I really like how Mr. McCain showed everyone that if you don’t like something try to change it, and your actions will make a difference.